WasteandChemicals provides clients with assistance and expertise in order to pursue the best suited route for obtaining environmental permits, with a constant view towards sustainability.
Issues related to the production, use, storage and transport of energy as well as its effects on both the environment and the socio-economic and cultural fabric of the areas concerned have assumed a considerable importance in the recent past.
The global issues related to climate change and its effects, the environmental sustainability of government energy policies and power corporation programmes, and the role of stakeholders and communities in the participation process, have become part of the daily lives of all citizens. Although the consequent effects were previously unimaginable.
Sustainability of choices and the effectiveness of the decision-making process.
Nowadays, climate change leads scientific research towards finding solutions that can allow a safe and efficient transition to low-carbon power sources.
Similarly, governments must consider the expectations of the public opinion, which demands that energy choices are developed based on environmental, social and economic sustainability, through an effective and shared decision-making process.
Over the years, the need to assess the environmental and social effects at an earlier stage has become clear for all players – the decision-maker, civil society and the proponent, whether public or private. In fact, access to information and increased availability of environmental data can allow the measure of the potential impact caused by the deployment of new civil and industrial infrastructure, thereby reducing conflict.
The WasteandChemicals experts have acquired a thorough knowledge of the environmental, social and energy-related topics covered by both national and international environmental assessments due to years of involvement in the subject matter as this was constantly evolving.
This enables them to advise their clients on the most reliable course of action in terms of sustainability and technical conformity with the best technologies in order to obtain environmental permits.
- Monitoring and specialist assessment of environmental impact studies on industrial projects and energy and civil infrastructure
- Strategic advice and coordination of studies and activities related to the issuance of environmental permits
- Advice for assessing the environmental sustainability of projects in the energy and waste sectors
- Coordination and development of studies aimed at ensuring the socio-economic and environmental sustainability of energy projects and their integration into the local context
- Expert advice on the approach to environmental communications and stakeholder consultation
- Technical and strategic support for the optimal management of environmental authorisation procedures
- Environmental and regional considerations for the optimal location of industrial and civil projects and infrastructure
- Verification of the environmental compliance of projects and operating plants to the requirements of the competent authority, environmental audits and due diligence
- Drafting of environmental impact assessment studies and environmental reports
- Evaluations and studies in relation to life cycle analysis (LCA) of products, materials and activities
- Environmental management plans and monitoring and control plans
- Feasibility studies for CO2 capture and storage